- "Suffering: The Badge of Discipleship," Douglas John Hall at The Living Pulpit.
Religion and Death in the Ancient World. Includes images and descriptions of the role of food in various death rituals.
- First Passion Sunday and Second Passion Sunday. Background and homilies by Dr. Mary Durkin and Father Andrew Greeley, and Andrew Greeley's Homilies.
- "Embracing Death," Brian Pierce, O.P. at The Living Pulpit.
- "The Grief of C.S. Lewis," Ann Loades, Theology Today, 1989.
- "God's Tough Love," William Muehl at The Living Pulpit.
- "Prayer and Christology: Psalm 22 as Perspective on the Passion," James L. Mays, Theology Today, 1985.
- "The Crucifixion: What to Tell Kids," Karen L. Maudlin, Psy.D. Beliefnet.
- "The Passion of Christ," from The Messiah in the New Testament in the Light of Rabbinical Writings, Risto Santala, trans Michael G. Cox. Full text online.
"Trees as Messianic Symbols," Gershom Scholem, Jewish Heritage Online Monthly, January 2000.
- "The Cross of Jesus Christ in Christian Theology," Murray Rae, Australian Theological Forum Online.
- "The Crucifixion as Chaoskampf: A New Reading of the Passion Narrative in the Synoptic Gospels," Dominc Rudman, Biblica Vol. 84(2003) 102-107.
- "Bitter Journey," an audio-visual feature tracing Jesus' Passion. At BeliefNet.
"Jesus Christ Among Asian Minjung: A Christological Reflection," Dr. Kim Yong-Bock, Hanil University and Theological School in Chonbuk, Korea, at Religion OnLine. "The Trial and Death of Jesus," Louis Waller in Gesher: The Journal of the Council of Christians and Jews, 1997.
"The Death of Jesus in Mark vs. John," by Prof. Felix Just, S.J., Loyola Marymount University.
- "The Trivialization of Death," Lillian Calles Barger. beliefnet.
"Transformations in Telling the Passion Story," Lloyd Gaston, Jewish-Christian Relations. Bread. Articles, commentary, etc from Jewish Heritage OnLine Magazine.
- "Tales of Terror, Times of Wonder," Barbara Brown Taylor, The Other Side Online, March/April 2000.
- "(Re)Mark(s) on the Cross," Tom Thatcher, Cincinnati Bible College and Seminary.
- "Wine," Jewish Heritage Online Monthly's Topic of the Month, March, 2000. Some very interesting articles here.
"Meals, Food and Tablefellowship." Jerome H. Neyrey, in The Social Sciences and New Testament Interpretation, 159-82. R. L. Rohrbaugh, ed. Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 1996. "Crucifixion in Antiquity," by Joe Zias, and "Josephus' References to Crucifixion," at James Tabor's The Jewish Roman World of Jesus.
- "On the Physical Death of Jesus Christ,"
"Who Questioned Jesus?" R. Steven Notley, Jerusalem Perspective Online.
- "The Perichoretic Negation of Sacred Violence: Foundational Possibilities for Reinventing Culture," Tom Flores, Colloquium on Religion and Violence, 1999.
"Judas' Red Hair and the Jews," by Ruth Mellinkoff, at Jewish Heritage Online Magazine's Topic of the Month: Colors. Mellinkoff explores artistic representations of Judas and antipathy toward red hair. Environmental Reflections - Liturgy of the Passion, from the Episcopal Diocese of Minnesota's Environmental Stewardship Commission. A page of quotations about traditions surrounding Mary Magdalene. "Baptism, Eucharist and Ministry," Faith and Order Paper No. 111. World Council of Churches, 1982. Theological and practical commentary. "Fact or Religion? An Historical Interpretation of the Trial Accounts," Erica L. Sang and Stephen K. Bodurtha, The Jesus Project, Bowdoin College.
- Images listed at The Text This Week's Art Concordance:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Literary References online:
- "Crucifying," from La Corona by John Donne (1572-1631).
- "The Flagellation of Christ," Dennis Vannatta, Hidden Manna: Story and Faith, Winter 2000.