- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Greek Interlinear Bible, ScrTR, ScrTR t, Strong, Parsing, CGTS, CGES id, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Greek text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary & sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- The Five Gospels Parallels, John W. Marshall, University of Toronto.
- Commentary on a Harmony of the Evangelists, John Calvin, 1558:
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary (c. 1700).
- From Wesley's Notes. John Wesley (1703-1791).
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- From The People's New Testament, B.W. Johnson, 1891.
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- Context, Structure, Literary Style, Luke 13:22-30, Jouette Bassler, Lectionary Homiletics sample.
- Wellspring of the Gospel, Ordinary 21, Catherine McElhinney and Kathryn Turner, Weekly Wellspring.
- Environmental & earth-centered reflections from the Episcopal Diocese of Minnesota Environmental Stewardship Commission.
- Articles & Background:
- "Before the Law," Franz Kafka.
Apocalyptic, and World Transformation," David B. Batstone. Theology
- "It is often overlooked how ideologically explosive the notion of the kingdom of God was within Jesus' own social milieu. In first-century Palestine, it did not have the same metaphorical and strictly religious connotation that makes the term so safe within our own theological world. In fact, it evoked the memory and visionary impulse of Yahweh who acts to deliver Yahweh's 'chosen ones' from occupation and oppression at the hands of alien nations. Intrinsic to that symbolic universe is the conviction that the chosen suffer and the unjust prosper in the present day only because history stands at the brink of a great reversal."
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- "Will It Sell in Peoria?" Pastor Edward F. Markquart, Grace Lutheran Church, Seattle, Washington.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Find Worship Resources & Suggested Other Readings for use with this text:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Luke