Please consider your sponsorship or support
of The Text This Week.
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV, Common Worship Psalter, ASB Psalter, and BCP Psalter) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- From Augustine's Exposition on the Psalms.
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary.
- From Wesley's Notes.
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- "Spring in the Heart: Psalm 65:10," Charles H. Spurgeon. From Farm Sermons (c 1875).
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- The Timeless Psalms: Psalm 65, Joan Stott, prayers and meditations based on lectionary Psalms, 2013.
- "Recovering Wonder," Alan Brehm, The Waking Dreamer, 2013.
- "Religion has tended to use "God" primarily as a means of controlling our lives. When we diminish God in this way, it's no wonder that we lose the capacity for awe and wonder. In a very real sense, we turn our God, the living God who has been acclaimed as the creator of the cosmos and the redeemer of those who trust him, into just another version of Baal."
- Commentary, Psalm 64:(1-8) 9-13, Scott Shauf, Preaching This Week, WorkingPreacher.org, 2011.
- "When one surveys Psalm 65 as a whole, what is most striking is the breadth of the psalm's subject matter."
- The Old Testament Readings: Psalm 65, Pentecost 22C. Weekly Comments on the Revised Common Lectionary, Theological Hall of the Uniting Church, Melbourne, Australia.
- "An Economy for the Earth," study guide for adults, Robert B. Kruschwitz, (other resources at) "Global Wealth," Christian Reflection, The Center for Christian Ethics at Baylor University, 2007.
- "Praise from God, For God," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com: A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
Psalm 65, Rev. Wanda Copeland. At Environmental Reflections, Lectionary Year A,
Episcopal Diocese of Minnesota, Environmental Stewardship Commission.
- "God is about life. God is engaged in making the experience of life plenteous. The river of God is full of water, life-giving water."
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- "Common Ground," Michael Humphrey, dramatix.
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Contemporary/Praise Song suggestions, Together to Celebrate, David MacGregor.
- The Seedbed Psalter, with selected tunes for singing.
- Hymns with Scripture Allusions: Psalm 65. The Cyber Hymnal.
- Hymn Selections, The Lutheran Hymnal, Lutheran Worship.
- "God Loves the World," Brenton Prigge, NewHymn, a new, relevant hymn set to traditional tunes.
- Psalm 65 set to Hanover (10 10 11 11) by Dale A. Schoening, Metrical Psalms.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Psalms