Please consider your sponsorship or support
of The Text This Week.
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV, Common Worship Psalter, ASB Psalter, and BCP Psalter) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative
- X.16, Commentary on the Gospel of John, Philocalia [anthology of Origen prepared by St. Basil and St. Gregory Nazianzen], Origen. (c.230)
- From Augustine's Exposition on the Psalms.
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary.
- From Wesley's Notes.
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- The Timeless Psalms: Psalm 125, Joan Stott, prayers and meditations based on lectionary Psalms, 2012.
Pentecost 12B, Weekly Comments on the Revised Common
Lectionary, Howard Wallace Audrey Schindler, Morag Logan, Paul Tonson, Lorraine Parkinson, Theological Hall of the Uniting Church,
- "Psalm 125, a psalm of trust, compares the Lord?s care for his people to the hills that surround Mt. Zion or Jerusalem (v. 2) or even to Zion itself (v. 1)."
- Radical Gratitude, lectionary-based stewardship, Northwest United Methodist Foundation. (.pdf)
- Articles & Background:
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices. Annotated list of "starting place" articles at ATLAS for this week's texts (includes direct links).
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- The Seedbed Psalter, with selected tunes for singing.
- Psalm 125, Isaac Everett, commentary and exegesis by Amichai Lau-Lavie, The Emergent Psalter, 2009.
- Contemporary/Praise Song suggestions, Together to Celebrate, David MacGregor.
- Hymns with Scripture Allusions: Psalm 125. The Cyber Hymnal.
- Hymn Selections, The Lutheran Hymnal, Lutheran Worship.
- Psalm 125 set to Eventide (10 10 10 10) by Dale A. Schoening, Metrical Psalms.
- The Psalmistry: Psalm 125 - All Psalms Music: original Christian sheet music, lyrics, guitar chords, midi, mp3 files for all 150 Psalms.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Psalms