Please consider your sponsorship or support
of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV, Common Worship Psalter, ASB Psalter, and BCP Psalter) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts:
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
Psalm 123, Nancy deClaissÃ©-Walford, Preaching This Week, WorkingPreacher.org, 2012.
- "Because of the past experience, the worshippers can approach God with words of complaint and petition to show favor to them once again in the midst of their oppression."
- The Timeless Psalms: Psalm 123, (Pentecost 22A), Joan Stott, prayers and meditations based on lectionary Psalms, 2011.
- "A, B, C, as easy as 1, 2, 3..." Russell Rathbun, The Hardest Question, 2011.
- "Does the King God in the sky rain down blessings if we ask long enough?"
- Commentary, Psalm 123, W.H. Bellinger, Jr., Preaching This Week,
- "One of the more helpful approaches to the Psalms is considering these poems as pilgrimage songs of faith."
- "A Simple Song for Help," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com: A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- Commentary, Psalm 123, Nancy deClaissÃ©-Walford, Preaching This Week, WorkingPreacher.org, 2012.
- Articles & Background:
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Contemporary/Praise Song suggestions, Together to Celebrate, David MacGregor.
- Hymns with Scripture Allusions: Psalm 123. The Cyber Hymnal.
- Psalm 123 set to Eventide (10 10 10 10) by Dale A. Schoening, Metrical Psalms.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Psalms