You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV, Common Worship Psalter, ASB Psalter, and BCP Psalter) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- From Augustine's Exposition on the Psalms.
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary.
- God's Great Name and Reason of Saving Great Sinners, Ralph Erskine, 1730.
- From Wesley's Notes.
- "Israel at the Red Sea; Psalm 106:9," Charles H. Spurgeon, 1856.
- "Why Are Men Saved? Psalm 106:8," Charles H. Spurgeon, 1857.
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- Articles & Background:
- "Conjuring Up the
Demons: Jewish Demonology in Biblical, Talmudic and Medieval Times," an interview
with Aharon Appelfield in Jewish Heritage OnLine Monthly's "Topic of the
Month": Fantastic Creatures.
- "The Israelite conception of demons, as it existed in the popular mind or the literary imagination, resembled in some ways that held elsewhere."
- "Conjuring Up the Demons: Jewish Demonology in Biblical, Talmudic and Medieval Times," an interview with Aharon Appelfield in Jewish Heritage OnLine Monthly's "Topic of the Month": Fantastic Creatures.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Clip Art, Psalm 106:1, Fr. Richard Lonsdale, Resources for Catholic Educators.
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Contemporary/Praise Song suggestions, Together to Celebrate, David MacGregor.
- Hymns with Scripture Allusions: Psalm 106. The Cyber Hymnal.
- Hymn Selections, The Lutheran Hymnal, Lutheran Worship.
- Psalm 106:1-6, 19-23 set to St. Catherine (88 88 88) by Dale A. Schoening, Metrical Psalms.
- At Digital Hymnal (midi files, guitar chords, karaoke files, projection text):
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Psalms