You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts:
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- Articles & Background:
"The Arguments of Job's Three Friends," David J.A. Clines, On the Way to
the Postmodern," 1998.
- "Even in their style of argumentation, the friends provide a static stylized background against which the tortured but adventurous hero of the book excites our imagination and sympathy."
- "The Arguments of Job's Three Friends," David J.A. Clines, On the Way to the Postmodern," 1998.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- "Job," Illustrating the Story (lessons, children's sermons), coloring pages, activity sheets, crafts, children's songs. MSSS Crafts.
- "A Time to Die," Joanne Miller, dramatix.
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Job