Zechariah 12:8 - 13:1
You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- John Calvin's Commentary on Zechariah.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary. Chapter 13.
- From Wesley's Notes.
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org. Chapter 13.
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
Zechariah 12:12-14," Charles H. Spurgeon, 1897.
- "If thou canst only pray in public, thou dost not pray at all. If thou canst only join in the general confession, thou hast uttered a public lie. Thou art only right before God when it is thine own sin, felt in thine own heart, confessed by thyself before thine own God, unknown to anybody else, and altogether known to him."
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies and Exegesis:
- Articles & Background:
"Freeing the Burden of Prophecy: MASSA' and the Legitimacy of
Prophecy in Zech 9-14," Ulrich Berges, Biblica, 2006.
- "JHWH proves his unique and overpowering sovereignty over history not only with regard to Cyrus but also to Darius I."
"The Battles of
Armageddon: Megiddo and the Jezreel Valley from the Bronze Age to the
nuclear Age," Eric H. Cline, George Washington University. Bible and
- "Author introduces the reader to a rich cast of ancient and modern warriors and ties together the wide range of conflicts that have taken place."
- "Freeing the Burden of Prophecy: MASSA' and the Legitimacy of Prophecy in Zech 9-14," Ulrich Berges, Biblica, 2006.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Review: Mark J. Boda and Michael H. Floyd, eds., Bringing out the Treasure: Inner Biblical Allusion in Zechariah 9-14. Sheffield Academic Press, 2003. Review by Arnaud Serandour in SBL's Review of Biblical Literature.
- Review: Mark J. Boda and Michael H. Floyd, eds., Bringing out the Treasure: Inner Biblical Allusion in Zechariah 9-14. Sheffield Academic Press, 2003. Review by Barry A Jones in The Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 2004.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Zechariah