Jeremiah 3:21 - 4:2
You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries. Chapter 4.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons. Chapter 4
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org. Chapter 4.
- From the Geneva Notes. Chapter 4.
- "God, whom they had forsaken, would bring their enemies to them, who would lead them captive, and make them to cry and lament."
- "Sin is turning aside to crooked ways. And forgetting the Lord our God is at the bottom of all sin."
- From Wesley's
- "Whereas before they gloried in their idols, they shall glory in God alone."
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible
(Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871). Chapter 4
- "In harmony with the preceding promises of God, the penitential confessions of Israel are heard."
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies and Exegesis:
- Articles & Background:
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Review: R. Abma, Bonds of Love: Methodic Studies of Prophetic Texts with Marriage Imagery: Isaiah 50:1-3 and 54:1-10, Hosea 1-3, Jeremiah 2-3. (Van Gorcum, 1999) Review by Tim Bulkeley in SBL's Review of Biblical Literature.
- Reviews: Mary E. Shields, Circumscribing the Prostitute: The Rhetorics of Intertextuality, Metaphor and Gender in Jeremiah 3.1-4.4. T&T Clark, 2004. Reviews by Mark Biddle and Louis Stulman in SBL's Review of Biblical Literature.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Jeremiah