You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts:
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies and Exegesis:
the Well," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com:
A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- "We face that challenge Jeremiah and Jesus laid before their audience. When can we put aside our own petty rage to see the greater good? When do we stop our selfish behavior to work for the just treatment of others?"
- Bible Study: Jeremiah
38, from Christian Life News Media. An advanced study with introduction, commentary
and a map of Judah's political situation.
- "In verse 6 it is important that during the rain period in winter a layer of water was formed on the mud. The word 'tiyt' means mud with a high density of water, transported by the sea (Jes 57:20). Therefore it is not possible to survive without an anchor during the time verses 6-11describe."
- "Rescue from the Well," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com: A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- Articles & Background:
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Roncace, Mark, Jeremiah, Zedekiah, and the Fall of Jerusalem. T&T Clark, 2005. Review by Bob Becking, Review of Biblical Literature, 2007.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Jeremiah