You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- "God would rather change the order of nature than that they should want anything, who cry to him by true faith in their miseries."
- "And God will render their barren souls fruitful in the grace of his Spirit, that all who behold may consider it."
- From Wesley's
- "Their people who are like a dry and barren wilderness. I will abundantly water with my blessings."
- From the Commentary on the
Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- "The language is so constructed as only very partially to apply to the local and temporary event of the restoration from Babylon; but fully to be realized in the waters of life and of the Spirit, under the Gospel."
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies and Exegesis:
- "Dwelling in God's Garden," Commented Bible Passages from Taize, 2012.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Isaiah