You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Shemot 34: Massoretic, Hebrew, Aramaic, JPS.
- Historical References, Commentary and
Navigating the Bible: Text/Rabbinic commentary
and Divrei Torah.
- "...make us Your own Literally, "make us Your inheritance" (Saadia; Radak, Sherashim). Or, "grant us an inheritance" (Rashi)."
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- "Seeing the people are of this nature, the rulers need to call on God that he would always be present with his Spirit."
- "Every perfection in the name of God, the believer may plead with Him for the forgiveness of his sins, the making holy of his heart, and the enlargement of the Redeemer's kingdom."
- "The springs of mercy are always full, the streams of mercy always flowing; there is mercy enough in God, enough for all, enough for each, enough for ever."
- From the
Commentary on the Whole Bible
(Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- "As Moses had no attendant to divide the labor of carrying them, it is evident that they must have been light, and of no great dimensions--probably flat slabs of shale or slate, such as abound in the mountainous region of Horeb."
- Navigating the Bible: Text/Rabbinic commentary and Divrei Torah.
- Contemporary References, Commentary and
- Parshah Ki Tisa, text, commentary, stories, sermons & articles from Chassidic Masters and others, from Chabad Lubavitch.
- Parshas Ki Sisa, Divrei Torah from The Project Genesis Torah Study. Index to numerous Orthodox articles and studies on 30:11 - 34:35.
- Parshat Ki Tissa, articles and commentary by the Jewish Community of Atlanta, at The Torah From Dixie.
"The God of Compassion," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com:
A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- "How do you experience God? How do you enjoy his love this day?"
- Environmental &
earth-centered reflections (Rev John Gibbs) from the Episcopal Diocese of Minnesota
Environmental Stewardship Commission.
- "God has willed not to be experienced by us except in this world, on our mountains, in our wildernesses, under our trees."
- Articles & Background:
- Moses, articles, photographs and video at BBC Religion and Ethics.
"Small Lexemes, Large
Semantics: Prepositions and Theology in the Golden Calf Episode (Exodus
32-34)," D. Timmer, Biblica, 2007.
- "The various prepositions and statements regarding divine presence in Exod 32?34 are fundamental to the development and integrity of the narrative as its stands. Further, the fact that this complex progression in divine presence spans pericopae usually attributed to various sources suggests that the various pericopae are more in harmony with one another than is often recognized."
- Recommended articles
from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are
ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of
selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Britt, Brian,
"Prophetic Concealment in a Biblical Type Scene," Catholic Biblical
EBSCO ATLASerials, Religion Collection
EBSCO ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
- Britt, Brian, "Prophetic Concealment in a Biblical Type Scene," Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 2002.
- Review: Karla R. Suomala, Moses and God in Dialogue: Exodus 32-34 in Postbiblical Literature. Lang, 2004. Review by Thomas B. Dozeman in SBL's Review of Biblical Literature.
- With Children:
- "Circle of Love," John McNeil, dramatix.
- "Don't You See Me?" Glenn A. Hascall, dramatix.
- "The Burden," Diane Schaffner, dramatix.
- "Dirty Laundry," Eric Stapleton, dramatix.
- "The Great Veggie Heist of Artesian Valley," Glenn A. Hascall, dramatix.
- "St. Freeman's ER," Sherm S. Nichols, dramatix.
- "Check Please," Scott Phillips, dramatix.
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Clip Art, Julius Schnoor von Carolsfeld woodcuts, World Mission Collection, Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Exodus