You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Devarim 4: Massoretic, Hebrew, Aramaic, JPS.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- Navigating the Bible: Text/Rabbinic commentary and Divrei Torah.
- VI.XXVIII, The Refutation of all Heresies (Philosophumena), Hippolytus of Rome. (c. 225)
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- "God promises reward not for our merits, but to encourage us, and to assure us that our labour will not be lost."
- "Those, and those only, shall find God to their comfort, who seek him with all their heart."
- "Temptations is the general title, which is explained by the following particulars, signs, and wonders, &c. which are called temptations, because they were trials both to the Egyptians and Israelites, whether they would be induced to believe and obey God or no."
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- Contemporary References, Commentary and
- "True to Love," Commented Bible Passages from TaizÃ©, 2014.
- "Personal Faith," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com: A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- "Prayer, Failure and the Desert," Mark H. Kirschbaum, M.D., Tikkun.
- Parshah Va'etchanan, text, commentary, stories, sermons & articles from Chassidic Masters and others, from Chabad Lubavitch.
- Parshas Vaeschanan, Divrei Torah from The Project Genesis Torah Study. Index to numerous Orthodox articles and studies on Deuteronomy 3:23 - 7:11.
- Parshat Va'etchanan, articles and commentary by the Jewish Community of Atlanta, at The Torah From Dixie.
- Articles & Background:
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Review: Knut Holter, Deuteronomy 4 and the Second Commandment. Lang, 2003. Review by Thomas Romer in SBL's Review of Biblical Literature.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymnary.org, hymns, scores, media, information.
- Hymns and Music:
- Hymns with Scripture Allusions: Deuteronomy 4:35, 36. The Cyber Hymnal.
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Deuteronomy