You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Devarim 15: Massoretic, Hebrew, Aramaic, JPS.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts:
- Contemporary References, Commentary and
- "Openhanded to Your Fellows," Commented Bible Passages from TaizÃ©, 2011.
Among Exiles," by Walter Brueggemann. Reprinted from The Christian Century
at Religion Online.
- "But ancient Israel set a limit to such debt-related work, in order to prevent the formation of a permanent underclass. No matter how great the debt, it was to be worked off for six years and no longer. Then whatever debt remained was canceled. Deuteronomy makes clear that economic practice is a form of neighborliness and that economic provision must be adjusted to sustain community."
- Parshah Re'eh, text, commentary, stories, sermons & articles from Chassidic Masters and others, from Chabad Lubavitch.
- "Change the World Today," Mark H. Kirschbaum, M.D., Tikkun.
- Parshas Re'eh Divrei Torah from The Project Genesis Torah Study. Index to numerous Orthodox articles and studies on Deuteronomy 11:26 - 16:17.
- Articles & Background:
"From Anxiety and Greed to Milk and Honey," Walter Brueggemann,
- "The current crisis among us is a moment ripe for an exodus departure from a system of anxious acquisitiveness that is rooted in autonomy."
"Sabbath, a 'Little Jubilee,'" Richard H. Lowery, (other resources
"Singing Our Lives," Christian Reflection, 2006.
- "Sabbath may be the key to our survival, prosperity, and sanity."
- "From Anxiety and Greed to Milk and Honey," Walter Brueggemann, Sojourners, 2009.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Deuteronomy