You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Hebrew Interlinear Bible, WLCv, WLC5, CHES, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Hebrew text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary, exposition and sermons.
- Devarim 11: Massoretic, Hebrew, Aramaic, JPS.
- Historical References, Commentary and
- Navigating the Bible: Text/Rabbinic commentary and Divrei Torah.
- "Decision," Comparative World Scriptures from United Communities of Spirit.
- V.3, Against Marcion, Tertullian (c. 212)
- Chapter XIV, On Monogamy, Tertullian (c. 215)
- Rashi's Commentary, c. 1075. chabad.org.
- Chapter 16, On Cleaving to God, Albertus Magnus, c. 1275.
- From the Geneva Notes.
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary.
- From Wesley's Notes.
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871).
- Contemporary References, Commentary and
- "Your Word on Me and in Me," Commented Bible Passages from Taize, 2012.
- Commentary, Deuteronomy 11:18-21, 26-28, Terence E. Fretheim,
Preaching This Week, WorkingPreacher.org, 2008.
- "The love commandments have to do, not with a private feeling or emotion ('love' can often be reduced to this!), or with circumscribing the boundaries of life in a detailed way (even more common!), but with loving God and neighbor in both word and deed in one's everyday walk (see Lev 19:17-18)."
- Deuteronomy 11:18-21, 26-28, Studies on Old Testament texts from Series A, Ralph W. Klein, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago.
- "Beyond Blessing and Curse," Larry Broding's Word-Sunday.Com: A Lectionary Resource for Catholics.
- Parshah Eikev, text, commentary, stories, sermons & articles from Chassidic Masters and others, from Chabad Lubavitch.
- Parshas Eikev and Parshas Re'eh Divrei Torah from The Project Genesis Torah Study. Index to numerous Orthodox articles and studies on Deuteronomy 7:12 - 11:25 and Deuteronomy 11:26 - 16:17.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Articles & Background:
the Character of God: Text and Praxis," by Dr. David R. Blumenthal, Professor of
Judaic Studies, Emory University.
- "Openness to suffering, embracing the pain of the other, and responding in protest and healing constitute the charge we are given from God; they are the focus of meaning in our lives."
- "Confronting the Character of God: Text and Praxis," by Dr. David R. Blumenthal, Professor of Judaic Studies, Emory University.
- "Truer than Fact: A Sermon on the Nature of Biblical Truth," Thomas C. Davis, III, The Center for Progressive Christianity.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Movies scenes with the following themes, listed at The Text This Week's Movie Concordance:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Deuteronomy