General Resources for the Book of 2 Thessalonians
(Check the Scripture Index for links and study resources pertaining to specific pericopes)
- Introductions, Overviews & General Resources:
- 2 Thessalonians at Luther Seminary's Bible Tutor. Study basics about Bible books, people, dates, places, and content, and take web-based self-tests. CD-ROM of Advanced Studies also available at their site.
- Bible Briefs, Thessalonians 1 & 2, study guide from Virginia Theological Seminary.
- Introduction to the Book of 2 Thessalonians, New American Bible.
- 2 Thessalonians, Wikipedia.
- 2 Thessalonians, Pauline Literature, L. Gregory Bloomquist, 2003.
- 2 Thessalonians: Introduction and Outline by Professor Barry D. Smith, Atlantic Baptist University, in Religious Studies 1023: The New Testament and Its Context.
- Bibliography by David Malick at the Biblical Studies Foundation.
- Epistles to the Thessalonians in the Catholic Encyclopedia.
- The Book of 2 Thessalonians in the World Wide Study Bible.
- Bible Basics (2 Thessalonians) by NetMinistries. (Very basic - includes .wav files with pronunciation of Biblical words)
- Walking Through the Bible: 2 Thessalonians.
- Biblenotes summary: 2 Thessalonians.
- Commentary, Exegesis, Studies, etc.:
- 2 Thessalonians, Geneva Study Bible, 1599.
- 2 Thessalonians, Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible, 1706.
- 2 Thessalonians, John Darby's Synopsis of the New Testament.
- 2 Thessalonians, Wesley's Notes, c 1760.
- 2 Thessalonians, Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, 1871.
- 2 Thessalonians, People's New Testament, 1891.
- 2 Thessalonians, Scofield Reference Notes, 1917.
- 2 Thessalonians, John Gill's Exposition of the Bible.
- 2 Thessalonians, Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament.
- Second Letter to the Thessalonians, verse by verse commentary, Robert Nguyen Cramer, BibleTexts.com.
- 2 Thessalonians, Expository Notes, Dr. Thomas L. Constable, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2005 edition.
- Free Bible Commentary, Galatians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, Dr. Bob Utley, Professor of Hermeneutics, East Texas Baptist University.
- Articles and Background:
- Recommended articles
from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are
ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of
selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Resources for Paul and the Pauline Epistles.