- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Cinema in Focus, a social and spiritual commentary by Hal Conklin and Denny Wayman.
- Movie Parables review.
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
- "A great feast scene with eucharistic overtones."
- Fathers/Father Figures
- A great Father's Day film -- Smoke Signals -- based on writings of Sherman Alexi -- a young man's search for his father who died after abandoning his family. The last lines are a poem about forgiving our fathers and asked what we would do if we forgave our fathers. ANN
- "Smoke Signals, a movie, video made on a reservation in
Pacific NW is about
forgiving our fathers."
- "Smoke Signals, a movie, video made on a reservation in Pacific NW is about
- Journey/Quest, Father Figures,
- This might fit in several categories -- quest is the first idea that comes to me -- Smoke Signals -- the best movie I have seen for a long time. It is set on the Coeur d'Alene reservation -- 2 young men go a trip of self discovery and reconnection with parents. Great coming to terms with relationships with fathers. (submitted by Ann Fontaine, Lander WY)
- Passing on the Mantle
- Victor retrieving his father's personal effects. (submitted by Ann Fontaine, Lander WY)