- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Cinema in Focus, a social and spiritual commentary by Hal Conklin and Denny Wayman.
- Looking Closer, review by Jeffrey Overstreet, "searching for truth, beauty and meaning in the movies."
- Movie Parables review.
- Hollywood Jesus visual review.
- "Shrek vs. The Emperor's New Groove," Steve Lansingh, TheFilmForum: Christian Conversation about the Movies.
- "What the Shrek?" Matthew Prins, TheFilmForum: Christian Conversation about the Movies.
- Using the final scene of Shrek (the Princess is sad because she 'only wants oo be beautiful', and Shrek is confused because to him she 'is beautiful') - a link can be made to judging by appearances etc (cf Matt 23:25-28 and Gal 2:6 etc). Especially useful with children/young people. (Sharon Copestake, Kent, UK)
- Alternate Realities, Seeing/NotSeeing
- Healing Power of Love
- The princess is transformed into her True Self - not necessarily beautiful in the eyes of the "world", but beautiful in a more important reality.