The Road to Perdition (2002)
- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Movie Parables review.
- Cinema in Focus, a social and spiritual commentary by Hal Conklin and Denny Wayman.
- Hollywood Jesus visual review.
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
- Father Types,
- This is a violent, yet powerful movie which explores the father-son theme using three sets of relationships: that between elderly Irish mob boss, John Rooney and his cold-blooded right hand enforcer, Michael Sullivan ("You are like a son to me."); that between Michael Sullivan, Sr. and his 12 year old son, Michael, Jr.; and that between John Rooney and his biological amoral son, Connor. The story dramatizes how Michael, Sr. attempts to save his son from going down "the road to perdition," (the road to Hell) that he himself has been traveling as a calculating, cold-blooded killer. His love for his boy means he will go down that road to hell in order to save his son. (Pastor Tom Koelln, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Rochester, MN)
- Father Types, Sacrifice