- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Cinema in Focus, a social and spiritual commentary by Hal Conklin and Denny Wayman.
- Roger Ebert Review, Chicago Sun-Times.
- Spirituality and Health Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat.
- In our Contemporary Worship Service we knew there were some who would need to be taught about Communion and we used the scene from "Phenomenom" where John Travolta shares the apple with the youngsters, explaining how once you eat the apple it becomes a part of you. One child takes a bite, but the other is reluctant, and then dives in. (submitted by Buzz Trexler, Knoxville TN)
- Christ Figures
- A great "Messiah" movie. Think of Jesus before Pilate when George Malley is being interviewed about his "gifts." Think about Mary anointing Jesus' feet when Lacy washes George's hair and shaves his face. Think about communion when George's friends gather at the end of the movie for a commemorative meal. Etc., etc., etc. (Jim Somerville, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Washington, D. C.)
- "The film is essentially a good-hearted story about the rhythms of small-town life and the meaning of friendship..." (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times)