- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
- After Christy writes "Mother" and proves his intelligence, his father carries him off to meet his friends at the pub. Christy later picks up his father's drinking habits. (DVD chapter 5)
- Young Christy writing "MOTHER" on the floor, holding chalk in his toes. (DVD chapter 5)
- Mother Figure
- Christy's mother is determined, wise, willful and kind. She has faith in Christy. "It's in here (points to heart) that battles are won. Not in the pub. Even if you've given up, I haven't." Begins building a room for Christy. (DVD chapter 12)