- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Cinema in Focus, a social and spiritual commentary by Hal Conklin and Denny Wayman.
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
- In the Mexican restaurant scene. Jerry and Dorothy's first 'date'. Jerry is angry at himself for not working hard enough on his last relationship (which had just broken up). Dorothy consoles him by saying, 'but maybe love shouldn't be such hard work' Jerry replies, 'yeh, maybe so'. This scene is a pivotal one in the movie (the theme song plays gently in the background, and it's a good opportunity to say "Love is hard alright! Look where it got God!" (Andrew McLean)
- On a homily for marriage and in
particular the subject of the Creation story in Genesis and Adam's
nuptial song to Eve 'You are at last bone of my bone and flesh of my
flesh.' The theme being that Adam found no satisfaction from any of
creation but was complete in the creation of woman. In the movie
Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise), is in love with an unmarried mother
Renee Zellwegger and he is trying to explain his love for her. They
meet a deaf couple in the elevator and they are signing. Zellegger
can understand sign language and Cruise asks her what they said and
they had signed You complete me an echo of the love sentiments of
Adam to Eve. (Patrick Boyle)