End of Days (1999)
- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Hollywood Jesus visual review.
- Movie Parables review.
- "End of Days and the Silent God," Steve Lansingh, TheFilmForum: Christian Conversation about the Movies.
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
Confrontation with Evil, Crucifixion
The movie (starring Arnold Schwarzenegger) has an apocalyptic theme that centers around the idea of Satan (Gabriel Byrne) attempting to take full control of the world. Near the end, after a countless barrage of gunfights and explosions, Arnold and the woman he is projecting enter a church, knowing that Satan is hot on their trail. The scene turns very powerful as Arnold, holding a huge gun in his arms, looks around the church and sees various images and statues. He throws his gun on the floor, closes his eyes, and opens his arms (crucifixion?) and prays, "Please help me." Without giving too much away, Satan is defeated -- not by violence -- but by "a more excellent way." (Rev. Duane Partin)
- Apocalyptic, Confrontation with Evil, Crucifixion