The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Movie Parables review.
- Looking Closer, review by Jeffrey Overstreet, "searching for truth, beauty and meaning in the movies."
- "Shrek vs. The Emperor's New Groove," Steve Lansingh, TheFilmForum: Christian Conversation about the Movies.
- Hollywood Jesus visual review.
"The Emperor's New Groove" (Disney, 2000; rated G) is about a self-centered emperor who is transformed into a llama . . . and, in his search to become human again, learns some lessons about humility and love along the way. Whether the folks at Disney knew it or not, the plot is remarkably similar to the story told about King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4:28-37, in which Nebuchadnezzar -- so pleased with his accomplishments as ruler of "magnificent Babylon" -- learns a lesson in humility at God's hands, as his madness forces him to eat "grass like oxen." When Nebuchadnezzar is restored, he praises God.
- Humility, Transformation, Love