- Information at Internet Movie Database
- Hollywood Jesus visual review
- Roger Ebert Review, Chicago Sun-Times
- "Bringing Out the Dead and The Straight Story: One the Ailment, the Other the Cure," Steve Lansingh, TheFilmForum: Christian Conversation about the Movies.
- Looking Closer, review by Jeffrey Overstreet, "searching for truth, beauty and meaning in the movies."
- Hollywood Jesus visual review.
- Review, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality & Health - Spiritual Practices for Human Being.
I perceive the recent Nicholas Cage movie "Bringing out the Dead" in which Cage plays an ambulance driver to be a paradigm for ministry when its at its worst - always coming into a critical situation when it is just too late - when the patient is terminal. It speaks also to the Savior Complex many clergy have. It is also an example of triage - deciding when and where are efforts can be most fruitful. I am involved in middle judicatory ministry and the images of the film are not unlike what we face when confronted with the situation in many churches. (submitted by Jim Bane)
- Cage saves a patient in the film who probably should have been left to die. (submitted by Jim Bane)
- Rebirth, Healing
- 'Bringing out the dead' by Martin Scorsese is about the
power of man to make others live, and about the question by which means
man can find peace for his soul. It's about resurrection as well.
(Dr. Matthias Walter)
- 'Bringing out the dead' by Martin Scorsese is about the power of man to make others live, and about the question by which means man can find peace for his soul. It's about resurrection as well. (Dr. Matthias Walter)