- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Greek Interlinear Bible, ScrTR, ScrTR t, Strong, Parsing, CGTS, CGES id, AV.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible. KJV, alternate versions, Greek text with concordance, commentaries.
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary & sermons.
- Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts:
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
Acts 1:19-30, Acts and the Easter Season, Donald Juel, Word & World Texts in Context, Luther Northwestern Theological Seminary, 1985.
- Articles & Background:
"Global Poverty: Beyond Utopian Visions," Thomas E. Phillips, (other resources at)
"Global Wealth," Christian Reflection, The Center for Christian Ethics at Baylor University, 2007.
- "The crisis of poverty in the world?s largest cities, which is growing exponentially worse in the new era of globalization, should overwhelm us. However, it should not paralyze us. Scripture may not offer an easy answer, but it does provide a consistent moral imperative."
- "Global Poverty: Beyond Utopian Visions," Thomas E. Phillips, (other resources at)
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- With Children:
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Acts