Revelation 11:19 - 12:10
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Greek Interlinear Bible, ScrTR, ScrTR t, Strong, Parsing, CGTS, CGES id, AV. Chapter 12.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible - KJV, alternate versions, Greek text with concordance, commentaries. Chapter 12
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary (Matthew Henry, Wesley's Notes, Geneva Notes, etc) & sermons. Chapter 12
- Historical References, Commentary and
- From the Geneva Notes. Chapter 12
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary. Chapter 12
- From Wesley's Notes. Chapter 12
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871). Chapter 12
- From The People's New Testament, B.W. Johnson, 1891. Chapter 12
- "The Ark of His
Covenant: Revelation 11:19," Charles H. Spurgeon, 1895.
- "There were all these tokens of His presence, and God will not leave the covenant of his grace without the sanctions of His power; that thunder, that lightning, that stormall these are engaged to keep His covenant."
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- "Queen of Heaven," Frederick Buechner, Peculiar Treasure.
- "Revelation 12: Female Figures and Figures of Evil," Joy A. Schroeder, Volume XV, Number 2, Word & World, Luther Northwestern Theological Seminary, 1995.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Siew, Antonius, The War between the Two Beasts and the Two Witnessess: A Chiastic Reading of Revelation 11.1-14.5. Review by Pieter G.R. de Villiers, Review of Biblical Literature, 2007.
Embarrassing and Essential," A sermon for the feast of St.
Michael and All Angels, Stephen F. Noll, Professor of Biblical Studies
at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry.
- "...the angels are border guards, but they mark borders which we in our earth-bound and time-bound existence are all too wont to lose sight of. By recalling the angels, we also recall the essential dimensions of our salvation in Christ."
- "Angels, Embarrassing and Essential," A sermon for the feast of St. Michael and All Angels, Stephen F. Noll, Professor of Biblical Studies at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry.
- With Children:
- "Prayer - Satan's Undoing Drama," Matthew Pole, Christian Drama and Mime.
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Revelation