Revelation 11:19 - 12:10
- Reading the Text:
- NRSV (with link to Anglicized NRSV) at Oremus Bible Browser.
- Greek Interlinear Bible, ScrTR, ScrTR t, Strong, Parsing, CGTS, CGES id, AV. Chapter 12.
- The Bible Gateway: NRSV, RSV, NIV, NASB, CEV, The Message, KJV, etc.
- The Blue Letter Bible - KJV, alternate versions, Greek text with concordance, commentaries. Chapter 12
- The World Wide Study Bible includes commentary (Matthew Henry, Wesley's Notes, Geneva Notes, etc) & sermons. Chapter 12
- Historical References, Commentary and
- From the Geneva Notes. Chapter 12
- From Matthew Henry's Commentary. Chapter 12
- From Wesley's Notes. Chapter 12
- From the Commentary on the Whole Bible (Jamieson, Fausset and Brown, 1871). Chapter 12
- From The People's New Testament, B.W. Johnson, 1891. Chapter 12
- "The Ark of His
Covenant: Revelation 11:19," Charles H. Spurgeon, 1895.
- "There were all these tokens of His presence, and God will not leave the covenant of his grace without the sanctions of His power; that thunder, that lightning, that stormall these are engaged to keep His covenant."
- Contemporary Commentary, Studies, and Exegesis:
- "Revelation 12: Female Figures and Figures of Evil," Joy A. Schroeder, Volume XV, Number 2, Word & World, Luther Northwestern Theological Seminary, 1995.
- Articles & Background:
"Under the Cover of Clothing: Scripted Clothing Performances in the Apocalypse of John," Dietmar Neufeld, Biblical Theology Bulletin, 2005.
- "Taking into account the functions of attire and adornment delineated by social psychologist, this essay proposes to examine the shifting course of values reflected in the clothing and ornamentation motifs deployed in the Apocalypse of John."
"The End Time in Freehand Sketch," from The Most Revealing Book of the Bible, Vernard Eller.
- Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
- Siew, Antonius, The War between the Two Beasts and the Two Witnessess: A Chiastic Reading of Revelation 11.1-14.5. Review by Pieter G.R. de Villiers, Review of Biblical Literature, 2007.
Embarrassing and Essential," A sermon for the feast of St.
Michael and All Angels, Stephen F. Noll, Professor of Biblical Studies
at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry.
- "...the angels are border guards, but they mark borders which we in our earth-bound and time-bound existence are all too wont to lose sight of. By recalling the angels, we also recall the essential dimensions of our salvation in Christ."
- "Angels, Embarrassing and Essential," A sermon for the feast of St. Michael and All Angels, Stephen F. Noll, Professor of Biblical Studies at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry.
- With Children:
- "Prayer - Satan's Undoing Drama," Matthew Pole, Christian Drama and Mime.
- Graphics & Bulletin Materials:
- Hymns and Music:
- Fine Arts Images Linked at The Text This Week's Art Index:
- Study Links and Resources for the Book of Revelation