You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
(Check the Scripture Index for links and study resources pertaining to specific pericopes)
- Ecclesiasticus, at Luther Seminary's Bible Tutor. Study basics about Bible books, people, dates, places, and content, and take web-based self-tests. CD-ROM of Advanced Studies also available at their site.
- The Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach, Jewish Encyclopedia.
- Ben Sira, Wikipedia.
- Introduction to the Book of Sirach, New American Bible.
- The World Wide Study Bible on the Book of Sirach.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia: Ecclesiasticus.
- Ecclesiasticus / the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach, Robert Nguyen Cramer, BibleTexts.com.
- "Some Methodological Considerations on the Rabbis Knowledge of Ben Sira," by Benjamin G. Wright III. From the article archives at Ioudaios-L. (ZIP file)
- "Wisdom Writings," Gerald A. Larue in Old Testament Life and Literature, 1968.
- Informationen zu Jesus Sirach (Ben Sira). Page by Franz Böhmisch. (German Language.)
Recommended articles from ATLAS, an online collection of religion and theology journals, are linked below. ATLAS Access options are available for academic institutions, alumni of selected theological schools, and clergy/church offices.
DiLella, Alexander A., O.F.M.,
"Conservative and Progressive Theology in Sirach and Wisdom,"
The Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 1966.
EBSCO ATLASerials, Religion Collection
EBSCO ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
- DiLella, Alexander A., O.F.M., "Conservative and Progressive Theology in Sirach and Wisdom," The Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 1966.