You can sponsor this page of The Text This Week
(Check the Scripture Index for links and study resources pertaining to specific books & pericopes)
- Apocryphal Books, at Luther Seminary's Bible Tutor. Study basics about Bible books, people, dates, places, and content, and take web-based self-tests. CD-ROM of Advanced Studies also available at their site.
- "Post Tanak: Jewish Life and Literature," from Introduction to the Bible: Online Resources, Carol Taylor, Chowan College.
- Apocrypha and Canon of the Old Testament from the Catholic Encyclopedia.
- "The Hasmonean Dynasty," Gerald A. Larue in Old Testament Life and Literature, 1968.
- Apocrypha from the Jewish Student Online Research Center.
- A letter from Africanus to Origen about the history (and historicity) of Susanna. (c. 240)
- A reply from Origen to Africanus about the Book of Susanna.
- Conceptions of Davidic Hope in the Greek Psalter and Apocrypha by Greg Herrick at the Biblical Studies Foundation.